Saturday, March 8, 2014

book review: love the one you're with



I recently read the book : love the one you're with by emily giffin. First off lets give you the amazon description of this book:

A novel for anyone who has ever wondered: how can I truly love the one I'm with, when I can't forget the one who got away?

Ellen and Andy Graham have the perfect marriage. There is no question how deep their devotion is, and how naturally they bring out the best in each other. But one fateful afternoon, Ellen runs into Leo. The one who brought out the worst in her. The one who left her heartbroken nearly a decade ago. The one she could never quite forget. When his reappearance ignites long-dormant emotions, Ellen begins to question whether the life she's living is the one she's meant to live.

So here are my thoughts...
Thank god I did not buy this book. It was given to me after a friend read it. I've heard great things about emily giffin books. I know something borrowed is a book and a movie, i haven't seen or read either of them. I am pretty sure I just didn't like the whole concept of the book. Shes married to a great guy that has a great family. Of course, they are rich and everything else that seems perfect. i don't know. i just did not like it at all.

I am well aware that I have hit the mother load with my husband. he seriously is the best. so maybe i just can't understand the concept of it all. like i have guys that dumped me in the past but if they came crawling back i would be repulsed. especially to pursue a married woman. what kind of person does that make them? ya know??

My friend loved this book though, so who knows it may be me. she is a good writer unlike some other books i've read. try it out. it was an easy read. i got the book done in a total of a few hours. any reading is better than no reading. use your brain. its a muscle too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment