Wednesday, March 5, 2014

what what

wow. it has been a long time. so much has happened in the past year. i wanted so badly to keep track of it all and put it in my own little space. clearly that did not happen. so here we are again with the awkward "ehhh I promise to be back". I can't promise anything as I am clearly writing this to myself but I need to do this for myself. anyway back to topic...

LENT

So, today is Ash Wednesday. The beginning of lent. 6 weeks till easter. If you aren't sure what Lent is... well I will tell you.

Lent (Latin: Quadragesima - English: Fortieth) is a solemn religious observance in the liturgical calendar of many Christian denominations that begins on Ash Wednesday and covers a period of approximately six weeks before Easter Day.
The traditional purpose of Lent is the preparation of the believer through prayer, penance, repentance of sins, almsgiving, atonement and self-denial. Its institutional purpose is heightened in the annual commemoration of Holy Week, marking the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, which recalls the tradition and events of the New Testament beginning on Friday of Sorrows, further climaxing on Jesus' crucifixion on Good Friday, which ultimately culminates in the joyful celebration on Easter Sunday of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

This is clearly the definition from wikipedia. Do y'all remember Encarta? When did that stop being a thing? I guess right around when floppy discs left.lol. i am feeling super old. Memory lane for a second... in my senior year of high school we had to do our senior exit project on what you were going to do in your life. if you didn't pass, you didn't graduate. so that year we had to save our project and our portfolios on floppy discs. then i remember the next few months starting college and the list of stuff we would have to buy...memory sticks. i had no idea what is was. this was in 2004!!! yikes




back to lent. i like to give something up every year for lent. i am not catholic or any religion that requires you to do it. generally i feel like the odd one that does do it. i do it because it seems so miniscule. i can give up something for 40 days, i mean c'mon God gave up his son. 40 days of some little thing seems pathetic almost. I really like in the times that i am wanting whatever i gave up this year. i like to pray and remind myself of his sacrifice.so i enjoy it because it challenges myself and it connects me closer to the Big man.

So this year I am giving up ...


Yup, I am giving away pinterest. I am a pinterestaholic. I have a problem. I seriously could just look at pinterest all day and be happy. I am going to use this time to actually get some stuff done though. I always add more and more projects to the list but I never cross any off. Now its time. I am really hoping to track my progress on here with it. I should have a lot more time on my hands now. lol

until next time
xoxo
B

No comments:

Post a Comment