Tuesday, November 18, 2014

DIY: No Sew Christmas Tree Skirt

Howdy Ho, Neighbors!  Name that show...


It's that time of year! Hip Hip Hooray!

It is CHRISTMAS TIME!!

Since my son has been born I have tried to make 1-3 Christmas Crafts a year/season. Hopefully, one day down the road I will have a bunch of  Christmas decorations filled with lots of fun memories.

The Christmas craft I have made thus far is a No Sew Christmas Tree Skirt!

This isn't my dream Christmas tree skirt but it did turn out pretty cute and we will probably keep it for awhile. Even better is that it has absolutely no sewing!! I am not a seamstress... not at all! So this tree skirt is right up my alley.


First Off:

Supplies:
     Felt- In whatever colors you choose.
     Hot Glue and Glue Gun
     Ribbon
     Scissors

Step One:

You want to make a star shape and leaf like shape for a stencil. Then trace the respective amounts out. For each poinsettia star shape you will need 5 leaves. So 6 stars will need 30 leaves.
*hint* this may seem dumb but trace your shapes on the non pretty side of the felt so that the chalk won't be on the front.


 

From there you will need to cut them out.
Go ahead and get your glue gun fired up and stretch your fingers. They will be busy for awhile.
In order to make the petals just put a bit of hot glue on the end of your leaf and pinch together. You don't have to use clothespins. I just did because I kept burning my fingers.


Then just assemble your poinsettias. I would also cut all shapes and glue all leaves together at once. Don't go back and forth from cutting to assembling. Just for times sake... if you want to do it that way. More power to you. It'll just take longer

To assemble poinsettias : Put hot glue on pinched part of leaves and put in the middle of the star. After done and you want to put on some buttons go ahead.



Also, now that you know how to make some killer poinsettias you can make some and put them on a wreath, a pin or a headband. Who knows. Possibilities are endless!



To make the tree skirt base. All you need is your felt and make a giant circle depending on how big your tree is. Our tree skirt has a diameter of 44 inches. Then cut a small circle for you tree and cut a strait line to the small circle.

Glue on poinsettias and add ribbon on each side of the tree skirt. You don't have to add ribbon. I just did because I have two crazy dogs and a crazy 2 year old. So I want to keep that sucker together.



 TA DA - You just made yourself a tree skirt!!!

You are now a semi professional tree skirt maker ;)




If you make one or have any questions.. let me know! Tag me on instagram if you post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment