Thursday, November 20, 2014

I'm going to Tri

So, last night as I was on the treadmill I wasn't listening to any music. Nothing. Just me and my thoughts. Ordinarily this is my worst nightmare. I'm an over thinker and things tend to snowball if I think too much. 

But 

Last night was different. I was just talking and praying. I was thinking about how it is my responsibility to teach my son about being healthy, not to quit and push harder, and some days are harder than others.

 As I was reflecting on that. I kept feeling like I was talking the talk but not really walking the walk. Exercising the minimum 30 minutes a day and making healthy food choices with the treats in moderation is great but it is not enough for me. 

I want to teach my son to be healthy and follow his dreams. Whatever they may be, not just the easy ones. I want to teach him this. 



All of that to say. It is high time to put my money where my mouth is and start walking the walk. 

I've had a dream of doing a triathlon for as long as I can remember. It's always been kinda an out there dream. Mostly because I am a terrible runner. It's not my strong suit. At all. I haven't ridden a bike  in over 10 years. The one positive in this is I am a strong swimmer but I have never swam in open water. Also, I am scared of the dark so dark water full of snakes, sharks and/or gators. OH MY. Fun fun. 

Yet, here I am... declaring it here for the world to see.


 I am going to do a triathlon in 2015!


 Yikes. I'm scared just typing it out. Like my heart starts super pumping.

I'm not really sure how this is going to work because the latest triathlon I saw so far for Jacksonville is May 3, 2015. I won't really be able to triathlon train until we move down to Jacksonville in Februaryish (gyms with pools and spinning classes). So mid to late February till early May is not enough time to prepare. So I am going to start looking all around Florida. The one thing I can do in the mean time though is work on my running. 

And that's what I am going to do.  

I am planning on keeping track of my triathlon training here. If you have any questions or encouragement. Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment