Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Wounded Sea Cow

Have I told you about the wounded Sea Cow? Nope, I'm not talking about myself. I kid, I kid. Kinda... Sometimes I feel like that though.

Well, I love Manatees. Seriously, I think they are the cutest most wonderful things ever. Have you ever seen a baby one.

Cuteness overload....






Am I right or am I right? 


So, one day I was on my daily run (who we kidding it was the only day I did this). So, I'm just running jogging ... Okay I was walking for the moment minding my own business. It also happens to be trash da. So I'm about 1/2 mile away from my casa when I see her. Barbara. She needed me. She needed a home.  But I'm not a trash digger. Not that I'm against it. One mans trash is another's treasure as they say. This was this time. I just didn't want to have to carry this huge piece of wood all the way through the subdivision. I get home and tell my dear wonderful husband about Barbara. Mo, being the peach he is, decides to get Barbara before she goes to the dump.

Come to find out Barbara isn't made of wood. She is pure concrete. Yup, she ain't light. Haha I wish I was there when Mo went to pick up this light piece of wood. Oh well. Barbara is safe now. Although she is wounded one of her fins is broken. :( she apparently was some sort of fountain. So we need to plug up her holes, fix her fin, sand her then repaint her. I'm thinking she needs a pink bow so you can tell she's a girl.

I'm sure you may be wondering why is her name Barbara? Well, this is why.






 
So have you ever picked stuff out of the trash? If so, what'd you do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment