Tuesday, January 29, 2013

He picked YOU!!!!!

Alright, I am completely copying this from my Joyce Meyer's devotional on YouVersion. It really struck a chord with me...maybe just maybe it will do something for you too.


You Can't Impose on God

Today, I want to remind you of something I consider to be important to your well-being: You are no surprise to God. He knew what He was getting when He chose you, just as He knew what He was getting when He chose me.

The Bible says God actually picked us out for Himself as His own! You didn't just randomly show up one day. And God hasn't decided to merely tolerate you.

You can't bother God because He picked you...you can't impose on Him! He's not rolling His eyes when you have a problem. Instead, He'll always remind you how far you have come, how well you are doing, how precious you are in His sight, and how much He loves you.

God already knew your weaknesses, every flaw you would have, every time you would fail, and He still said "I want you." Ephesians 1:5 declares He foreordained you to be adopted as His own. God is your daddy! With Him on your side, things are bound to work out all right in the end.

Prayer Starter: God, Your love amazes me. As my Father, You chose me before the world was ever created. No matter how flawed I may be, I know that You still want me. Thank You for Your goodness!

How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in him. Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us to enter into the celebration of his lavish gift-giving by the hand of his beloved Son. (Ephesians 1:3-6 MSG)



This means so much to me. He knew I would be a handful. He knew I would screw up more times than I'd like to say. He picked me and you. We are special to him.

I am sure there are days that you feel that you don't matter or you useless. Believe me when I say I have been there! Just hold on to this truth that God... the God that made the whole universe and all the living creatures...MADE YOU because you are special to him. You really are the apple of his eyes.

Have a goodin' y'all!!! Remember how special YOU are!
(Okay...I'm aware that goodin' isn't a word. Actually typing out have a good one y'all just seemed like too much work. Even though I just did... :) That is how I would say it anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment