Friday, September 12, 2014

Blogtember: traditions

Brave Love Blog 


 September 12: Tell us about a favorite tradition. It could be a family tradition or from a holiday, university, you-name-it. What makes it so special?


i know i have mentioned it a couple times. I LOVE HOLIDAYS. i have a problem. Christmas is my favorite. mostly because the season lasts the longest and it gives me the warm fuzzies. i honestly already watched elf this season just last week. like i said a problem.

back to traditions. growing up my family didn't have a lot of traditions. i really can't remember anything that we did religiously. now that i have a family of my own, i find myself trying to start a lot of them. one thing i have learned through this process of trying to make these traditions is that you can't force them. at least for me the traditions that have worked just kinda happened.

my favorite tradition is our Christmas tree ritual. we have always put our tree up in the evening after it is dark. we first watch the original movie of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" then we watch Dirty Dancing.

i am not even quite sure how this started. i think our first Christmas together i wanted to watch Dirty Dancing but felt guilty about not watching a Christmas movie. so it just worked out that way?! i really have no idea. it just has stuck and now its is what we do. it isn't some huge ordeal or anything but it is always this special time.

also, i put up the tree in the first two weeks of November. i love the coziness of Christmas decorating. since we move a lot, we are in a rental. i think that is another reason i like to have my decorations up early. it makes it feel more like home.

does anybody else this song stuck in your head?


 

oh just me, dang.

 
do you have any favorite traditions? do you happen to love the holidays as much as me? Anybody??? :)

xoxo,
b

1 comment:

  1. That was the first thing I thought of when I seen todays prompt! (the song)

    #blogtemberchallenge

    ReplyDelete