Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Easy Cheesy Potato Soup

Hey All!

I hope that you had a wonderful weekend. Today I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes. Easy Cheesy Potato Soup! It is a great soup for a cold and blustery day.

Cheesy Potato Soup

   I peel and chop potatoes to fill up half the pot. You want them chopped no bigger than like 1inch chunks. You want to fill the pot with water about 1 inch above the potatoes. Add salt to the water. (Also make sure you cook potatoes with lid on because it will cook quicker and you won't lose as much water)

   In a pan, chop about half pound bacon, 1 green bell pepper and 1 Large onion. Cook till bacon is done and onion and bell pepper are sauteed.

   The other half I chop up small and fry it up for topping.

   Once potatoes are cooked. Do NOT Drain! Add the bacon, onion and bell pepper mixture to the water. Stir it all up. ( I usually put the bacon mixture in it a little before the potatoes are cooked so hopefully it will soak up that flavor. I don't know if that works but that is what I do lol)

   From here it kinda is up to you on how much cheese you use. We use a lot but I also have a huge pot so I make a little more than a standard pot but I use a whole block of Velveeta, 1 bag of shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese. ( make sure you chop the Velveeta in small chunks. It will melt better) 1 T. of mustard. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder. Once the cheese is in the pot make sure you keep stirring. It will stick to the bottom! The more you stir the better the potatoes will get smaller. You don't want huge chunks of potatoes. Just small chunks.

   Once all the cheese is melted you are done. Serve it up. I usually just top it with bacon, Shredded cheese and some green onions.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment