Soup... it is this week.
The recipe I was going to make is here. Went to Publix and there was no Gnocchi to be found... So I substituted Tortellini instead. Oh yeah I used Turkey instead of Chicken. I'm going to be honest here... I never use a recipe all the way. I'm one of THOSE. Add a little of this or a little of that. I'm going to use this instead. So yeah. This would be a wonderful soup for leftover Turkey after Thanksgiving!!!
Here is MY made up version of this recipe.
- 4 stalks of celery; diced
- 1 Large onion; diced
- 3 Large Carrots; I tried to do this... but its hard. I need practice
- 3 clove of Garlic... Next time I'd use 4. I like Garlic; minced
- 4 T. of Butter
- 1/4 C. Flour
- 1 Qt. Half and Half
- 1-2 Cups shredded turkey or chicken ( I had turkey on hand)
- 1 Box of Chicken/Vegetable Stock
- 3 lb bag of Frozen Cheese Tortellini
- A huge heaping Handful of fresh spinach; slightly chopped
- S&P...and whatever other seasonings you'd like
Put your veggies in a pot with the butter and saute until they are soft. Add flour and make roux, add half & half. Let heat back up. Add meat and stock. Let heat back up. Then add frozen tortellini. Let Cook. Add spinach at the end. Let cook for maybe 15-20 minutes longer to thicken up...
Ta-Da!! How easy was that? Serve it up with some crunchy bread for dipping and wiping the bowl clean and you got yourself a meal!!
^ Here is the heart shaped carrots... not great but they did end up kinda cute. Right?
Finished Product!!! Seriously my mouth is watering it is Soooo good!!!