Friday, January 18, 2013

Week 3: Tortellini Turkey Soup

So, the weather is back to being chilly. A high of 59!!! Yikes!!! (I am aware that really isn't cold but now that we live in the deep south and I am a huge pansy... It is cold now.)

Soup... it is this week.

The recipe I was going to make is here. Went to Publix and there was no Gnocchi to be found... So I substituted Tortellini instead. Oh yeah I used Turkey instead of Chicken. I'm going to be honest here... I never use a recipe all the way. I'm one of THOSE. Add a little of this or a little of that. I'm going to use this instead. So yeah. This would be a wonderful soup for leftover Turkey after Thanksgiving!!!

Here is MY made up version of this recipe.

  • 4 stalks of celery; diced
  • 1 Large onion; diced
  • 3 Large Carrots; I tried to do this... but its hard. I need practice
  • 3 clove of Garlic... Next time I'd use 4. I like Garlic; minced
  • 4 T. of Butter
  • 1/4 C. Flour
  • 1 Qt. Half and Half
  • 1-2 Cups shredded turkey or chicken ( I had turkey on hand)
  • 1 Box of Chicken/Vegetable Stock
  • 3 lb bag of Frozen Cheese Tortellini
  • A huge heaping Handful of fresh spinach; slightly chopped
  • S&P...and whatever other seasonings you'd like

Put your veggies in a pot with the butter and saute until they are soft. Add flour and make roux, add half & half. Let heat back up. Add meat and stock. Let heat back up. Then add frozen tortellini. Let Cook. Add spinach at the end. Let cook for maybe 15-20 minutes longer to thicken up...

Ta-Da!! How easy was that? Serve it up with some crunchy bread for dipping and wiping the bowl clean and you got yourself a meal!!

Enjoy!


 
 
^ Here is the heart shaped carrots... not great but they did end up kinda cute. Right?


 
Finished Product!!! Seriously my mouth is watering it is Soooo good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment