Friday, January 4, 2013

Week 1: Acorn/Butternut Squash Soup

As part of my New Years Resolution I want to make a new recipe every week. With that being said I am going to make every Friday...(wait for it)... Food Friday! I know I am so clever.

 For this week I made an Acorn and Butternut Squash Soup. I found the recipe here but I did change it a little bit.

I decided to make this recipe just because I actually had all the ingredients on hand. We had never had acorn or butternut squash before. So why not give it a try, right?

I did cut this recipe in half and added about 1 1/2 t. of Garlic, 1-2 T. of cayenne pepper, and 1/2 t. of paprika. Also, I did not use a sweet onion just a regular onion.

This is not a soup that would be a full meal by itself. It is better to be paired with something. I would suggest maybe a grilled cheese or a panini. Something crunchy.

Overall, it was pretty good. The Hubby loved it. I thought it was okay. I thought it had a weird texture but tasted good.

 
*Sorry this is a bad picture... it was the leftovers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment