Tuesday, January 1, 2013

happy new year!!!

hey all! Did you have a fantabulous new years eve? I know I did. we spent the evening eating reuben's and french fries. I know I am way behind the times but we just watched Dark Knight Rises. HOLY COW!!! I'm sure most people have seen it already but if you haven't... DO IT!
 So... do you guys do new years resolutions? I usually do but they never get finished so this year I'm doing things a little different. Introducing the 5 things! 5 things you are happy/excited/proud/thankful of last year and 5 things that you are looking forward to or goals for the new year!

 2012
  1. Clearly, my baby boy. I can't believe I became a mom. I'm a mom. It is still weird to think about for me. Anyways, he is awesome. My life is totally better with him in it!
  2. I am thankful that I was able to and still continue to breastfeed him. I am now in a minority for exclusively breastfeeding for 6 months. It was hard in the beginning but we stuck to it and we made it thus far. I am proud to say he hasn't had ANY formula once! (I am not a breastfeeding crazy lady. As long as you feed you kid appropriate food then I don't care. Yes, breast milk is better but do what you gotta do.) Can I get an amen on how much moolah we saved?! $$$$
  3. I am thankful for my crazy amazing family and friends. With special emphasis on my fantastic hubster. It is amazing to find someone that you want to spend the rest of your life with. It is even more amazing when that person is your best friend. As lame as it sounds, He completes me. He truly is my better half. He supports, encourages, loves, spoils me when I don't deserve it. I could go on and on about how he is the best but I am just thankful God brought us together!
  4. My relationship with God has grown by leaps and bounds. I still have a very long way to go. I will never ever deserve his love but he loves me anyway. That's the beauty of it...He loves us all even though we don't deserve it.
  5.  I am happy/excited/thankful/proud about this little ole blog. I know it isn't much now but it will be. I have been so afraid of doing anything like this. Afraid people would laugh at me, afraid I would fail, and afraid of embarrassment. Yes, I am still afraid but I will not live in fear any longer! 

2013

  1. I'm excited that I've started to make my own baby food and share that with y'all. I'm also nervous/excited to start the cloth diapering adventure!
  2. I want to cook more. Goal is to make a new recipe every week or 4-5 a month.
  3. Healthy. I'm not going to vow to workout all the time and only eat salads. I just want to be able to be more fit. To be able to chase my son when the time comes and not be tired.
  4. Have more date nights with my hubby.
  5. Be more pretty. Just put a little more attention into myself. It is only cute to wear yoga pants and a dirty tshirt so often... not everyday. =/ Goal: Fix hair, makeup, real clothes (at least in public)

So that's my 5&5. Whats yours?!

No comments:

Post a Comment